Table of Contents
Camping can be a great way to spend some quality time together as a couple. Whether on backpacking trips or car camping, the key to a great camping trip for two though is finding the best tent for couples. This guarantees comfort and protection from the elements while still allowing you to enjoy the great outdoors.
|Image||Editor's Rating||Brand||Product Name||Merchant|
|Top Top Top Top Top Top Top||Quechua||Easy II FRESH & BLACK 2 Man Pop Up Tent||Check Today's Price|
|Top Top Top Top Top Top||MSR||Mutha Hubba NX 3-Person Lightweight Backpacking Tent||Check Today's Price|
|Top Top Top Top Top Top||Stansport||McKinley Camping Dome Tent, 3-Person||Check Today's Price|
Camping is an inexpensive date and can be very romantic if that’s the vibe you’re trying to attain. Unfortunately, if you fail to plan accordingly, a camping adventure for two can turn into a nightmare and put a strain on your relationship in no time at all. The last thing you need when you’ve planned an outing that is supposed to be fun for you and your “better half” is to get stuck in a tent that’s uncomfortable or cramped or that doesn’t offer protection from the elements.
In general, when you’re choosing a tent for couples, you’ll want to evaluate:
- Durability, including the fabric of the tent
- Set up (is it an easy pop-up tent or labor-intensive)
- Floorplan and overall space
- Protection from insects
- Protection from rain and the elements
- Does it have a rain fly?
It’s also important to give some thought to how you’ll use the tent. Do you plan to spend the majority of your time camping outside and use the tent just for protection from the elements and for sleeping? Or are your plans to use the tent for relaxation and “hang out” inside while you’re camping?
Once you’ve thought about your specific needs, you can take a look at some of the options available for couples’ tents.
|Image||Our Rating||Brand||Product Name||Pros||Cons||Merchant|
|Top Top Top Top Top||⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️||Quechua||Easy II FRESH & BLACK 2 Man Pop Up Camping Tent||Massive amount of space - Privacy blackout materials||Takes some practice to pack away||Check Today's Price|
|Top Top Top Top||⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️||MSR||Mutha Hubba NX 3-Person Lightweight Backpacking Tent with Xtreme Waterproof Coating||Light and very compact, Easy to set up, Great ventilation,||Very basic stakes||Check Today's Price|
|Top Top Top Top||⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️||Coleman||2-Person Sundome Tent||Easy to assemble, Floor ventQuality materials, Carry bag, ,||Skinny stakes, No footprint||Check Today's Price|
|Top Top Top Top||⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️||Big Agnes||Copper Spur HV UL2 mtnGLO Tent||Lightweight, Super easy to set up, Durable||Smaller, Not for colder season||Check Today's Price|
|Top Top Top Top||⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️||Featherstone||Outdoor UL Granite 2 Person Tent||Easy to assemble, Easy to break down, Quality Materials, Great Price,||Smaller tent||Check Today's Price|
|Top Top Top Top||⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️||Stansport||Stansport McKinley Camping Dome Tent, 3-Person||Plenty of room, 2 door entry, bathtub floor||Heavy||Check Today's Price|
|Top Top Top Top||⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️||Kelty||Late Start Backpacking Tent - 2 Person||Lightweight, Durable, Easy to set up and take down||Minimal air circulation||Check Today's Price|
|Top Top Top Top||⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️||ALPS Mountaineering||Lynx 2-Person Tent||Easy to set up and take down, Rain fly goes all the way to the ground||Smaller tent||Check Today's Price|
|Top Top Top Top||⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️||MIER||2 Person Ultralight Backpacking Tent||Ultralight, Good ventilation and air low||Bathtub is minimal||Check Today's Price|
|Top Top Top Top||⭐️⭐️⭐️||LETHMIK||2-3 Person Backpacking Tent, Instant Automatic pop up||Lightweight, Easy to set up and take down||Small window flap opens from the outside||Check Today's Price|
Our picks for the best tent for couples include:
Stansport McKinley Camping Dome Tent
This tent is a great choice for those who want space and comfort while camping but who also need to be budget-conscious. It’s actually a tent for three people and has 49 feet of space, so you’ll have plenty of space to spread out and store belongings while camping. The four-and-a-half feet of headroom makes it a good option for taller campers.
- Size: 7 X 7 X 54, Sleeps 3 persons, Weighs 8lbs. 7 oz., Floor area 49 sq. ft.
- 2 large doors for easy access, large mesh panels for maximum ventilation
- 2 peak roof helps keep you dry in wet conditions, Fully taped and sealed rain fly
- Bath tub floor design to help keep moisture out, Shock corded poles for easy set up and take down
- Stuff bag included for storage and transportation
This tent isn’t durable to stand up to extreme weather, but it can protect you from moderate rains. It even has a “bathtub floor,” which means you’ll stay dry and be able to sleep on the floor without an issue.
This tent features two doors and is easy to set up in just a few minutes.
The downside of this tent, as you might expect from something this large, is that it’s heavy and bulky, which means you won’t want to walk too far to where you set up camp. Otherwise, this is a great option for couples camping, especially if you’re new to camping and not sure you want to invest a lot of money.
Pros: Spacious, two-door entry
Big Agnes Copper Spur HV UL
The Big Agnes might be a little off in its name (it only offers 29 feet of space), but it’s ideal for couples as it is cozy. Its size also makes it lightweight, so it’s a better option if you plan to hike to your camp.
The “HV” means high volume, which means the single-pole design provides for more space than many other single-pole tents. It’s easy to set up and comes with color-coding to make the process even easier.
- AWARD-WINNING COMFORT - Based on the features of our best-selling, award-winning Copper Spur ultralight tents, the Copper Spur HV UL features a high volume pole architecture that creates steeper walls and a roomier living space, while maintaining all the strength and lightweight packability the Copper Spur series is famous for
- A BETTER SHELTER - It’s not all about the volume; 2 large, dual-zipper doors with discrete seams allow for easy entry and smooth closure while creating a clean, modern design; Dual vestibules provide a combined area of 18 sq ft for dry gear storage; All seams taped with waterproof, solvent-free polyurethane tape (No PVC or VOCs); Fly and floor are ultra-durable with 1200mm waterproof rating
- ULTRALIGHT STRENGTH - 4-way, high-volume hub design increases strength by 25% and the useable interior volume by 20% compared to previous versions of the Copper Spur; Proprietary random rip-stop pattern nylon is 25% stronger, providing max durability; DAC Featherlite NFL and NSL pole system
- BELLS & WHISTLES - Storm flaps on both vestibule zippers; Massive ceiling pocket provides loads of storage; 2 interior mesh pockets, 1 oversized mesh pocket with two cord-routing portals; 8 superlight aluminum J stakes; Media pockets above sleeping area enable clean earbud cord routing; Easy grip zipper pulls; Two-tone mesh provides privacy while allowing for star gazing transparency
- WARRANTY & SPECS (2P) - All Big Agnes products are guaranteed against manufacturing or material defect; If replacement product is not available credit will be given for the original purchase price when returned with a receipt; To extent the life of your tent floor, we recommend using a Big Agnes tent footprint (sold separately); Trail weight: 2 lb 12 oz; Packed weight: 3 lb 1 oz; Packed size: 4 x 19.5 in; Head height: 40 in; Floor Area: 29 sq ft
This tent isn’t one for hanging out in, but it does provide everything you need for a camping trip for two. It offers protection against the elements and makes for a great first-time camper tent.
Pros: Lightweight, easy to set up
MSR Hubba Hubba NX line
This tent is another standout for couples who want to hike and camp. It’s lightweight but durable and able to stand up to the elements. It offers easy set up with color-coded clips and even has two different “fast pitch” options.
- 3-season, 3-person backpacking tent that offers the most livable accommodations in a lightweight freestanding design
- Pole geometry maximizes space with 39 sq. feet of floor area, interior peak height of 44 inches, plus 14 sq. feet of vestibule area
- Complete setup weighs 4.8 lbs. and packs down to 21x7 inches; minimalist setup option uses footprint, poles, and rainfly and weighs 4.4 lbs.
- Xtreme Shield Waterproof Coating lasts up to 3 times longer than standard waterproof coatings; Easton Syclone Poles resist breaking in fierce winds
- Includes tent, one unified hub-and-pole system, rainfly, stakes, and guy lines; footprint sold separately; manufacturer’s 3-year limited warranty
This is a roomier tent and even features an outdoor area that is great for relaxing on chilly mornings. Users suggest bringing extra guy lines or stakes for set up.
Pros: Spacious and easy to set up
Cons: Needs extra materials for the setup
Quechua Waterproof Pop Up Camping Tent
This two-person tent will offer a simple sleeping space for campers who want something that’s easy to set up and provides plenty of space. Pop up! Fast – whoo hoo…best feature. Great tent for privacy as it is very dark on the inside during the day and no one can see into it at night.
- EASY ASSEMBLY / DISMANTLING Free-standing structure for easy set up and fold. Assembles in only 2 Seconds. Folds up easily thanks to the Easy Guide System. Portable lightweight tent 7.30 lb
- DARKNESS - FRESH & BLACK patented exterior fabric: 99% darkness even in broad daylight.
- HEAT REDUCTION - Flysheet with 2 side panels that can be extended and fixed with side guy ropes (opening from the inside). The air can circulate in the sleeping area. The entire rear sleeping area flysheet can also be lifted from the inside by pulling on a rope. 2 spaces between the flysheet and the ground on each side in the middle of the sleeping area to allow the air to be refreshed and limit as much as possible the natural phenomenon of condensation. The fresh concept reduces the suns heat.
- WATERPROOF - Tested under a shower at 200 mm water/hour/m² (tropical rain) and field tests.
- DURABILITY - Withstands 50 km/h winds (Force 6): validated in a wind tunnel on a turntable.
The air can circulate in the sleeping area. The entire rear sleeping area flysheet can also be lifted from the inside by pulling on a rope. 2 spaces between the flysheet and the ground on each side in the middle of the sleeping area to allow the air to be refreshed and limit as much as possible the natural phenomenon of condensation.
Pros: Massive amount of space
Cons: Takes some practice to pack away but color-coded straps, clips, and printed instructions help a lot.